Patricia A. Powers, MD

Art Quilts & Fiber Arts

Come by the studio for a tour and a walk in the garden!



Monday, June 20, 2011

Exuberant!


I've been working on some colorful new pieces based on doodles. Some of my friends have been doing Zentangles doodles. I thought that some of those doodles might be good starting points for some quilts. Then I saw an article in Quilting Arts Magazine by Laura Wasilowski on her Zentangle quilts and I had to make some! This is called "Exuberant" ( can you tell it's because of the colors?!).

This piece is currently on display at Quilted Expressions in Lynchburg, VA, as an example for a class I am offering in August 2011. I think it will be great fun, and everyone will wind up with something of their very own creation.

I am finishing up some others on the same theme, and they will debut at the Goose Creek Gallery in their new location at 302 Court Street in Bedford, VA, next month. Opening reception on July 8th, 5-8 PM, and I'll be there also on Monday, July 11, 10 AM - 12 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment